Beetroots. In a salad, as a side dish, as a soup for a starter. There’s no shortage of ways to enjoy these wonderful vegetables. Your beetroot salad can taste even better if you let the flavours marinate for a day. You can also prepare enough beetroot salad to last for the week, eating a portion with every meal. Add nuts when serving, for a crunchy addition to this healthy side dish. Beetroots and your health Beetroots contain folic acid, manganese, copper, iron, potassium, fibre and magnesium. They are full of antioxidants too, and may even have anti-inflammatory properties. They make a great addition to a balanced diet. We use fresh red beetroot in this recipe, although if you’re pressed for time, store-bought beetroot can be used as well. Herbs and cinnamon are added to give a fresh and warm taste.
- Cook the rice as indicated on the package.
- Cut the onion and garlic into small pieces. Fry the onion in olive oil, add garlic and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Cut the apple (with skin) into 1 cm cubes. Take a quarter of the lemon, squeeze it out over the apple and set it aside.
- Cut the beets into 1 cm cubes and place them in a bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the beetroot and stir well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve with the finely chopped coriander and lemon wedges.
Leave a Comment