- Shred the onions, flatten and dice the garlic (or just use a garlic press), slice the carrots and cut the cauliflower into florets.
- Cook the rice (following the instructions on the packaging) until soft.
- Heat up 1 tbsp oil in a pan and brown the onions and garlic for about 4 minutes
- Cut the ginger into smaller pieces
- Toss the onions, garlic, ginger, coriander, turmeric, cloves paprika powder, salt and chili powder (or not depending on how spicy you want it) in an appropriate container and use a handheld blender to puree the mixture until it's a paste.
- Heat up the leftover tbsp of oil and stir-fry your homemade curry paste for about 3 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk to the curry paste, lower the heat/flame and add the cauliflower and carrots. Let them cook for about 15 minutes or until soft.
- When there are 4 minutes left, add the lentils and peas. Stir everything well.
- Done! Serve with rice.
Tip #1: If you want to add a bit of flair to the final meal you can sprinkle some almond shavings on top.
Tip #2: If you're put off by the high-fat content of the coconut milk you can substitute it with canned tomatoes (diced).
Leave a Comment