Charred Shrimp and Avocado Salad
- 2 1/2 lb. large peeled and deveined shrimp
- 5 tbsp. olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 small pineapple, peeled, trimmed and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced into half-moons
- 1/2 bunch Upland watercress
- 1 avocado, quartered
- Toss shrimp with 2 tablespoons oil and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Heat grill pan, grill, or broiler. Brush pineapple with 1 tablespoon oil. Grill or broil (in batches on rimmed baking sheets) until pineapple is slightly charred and shrimp are opaque throughout, about 3 minutes per side on the grill or 6 to 8 minutes in broiler (rotating pan and turning food over halfway through). If desired, set aside half of shrimp for the No-Cook Shrimp Rolls and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, remaining 2 tablespoons oil and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Toss with onion.
- Cut grilled pineapple into smaller pieces.Add to bowl with onion along with cucumber and shrimp and toss to combine. Fold in watercress and avocado.
Leave a Comment