There’s always time for a chickpea curry, with its wonderful Indian flavors. A simple curry which you can make in just about half an hour. It’s not a bad idea to make extra quantities to save for later either. A chickpea curry tastes just as delicious cold or as a packed lunch.
- Heat half of the sunflower oil in a saucepan. Add half of the mustard seeds and wait until they start to pop.
- Add the rice and fry briefly until the rice starts to shine. Add plenty of boiling water and some salt and let everything boil until the rice is well-cooked. Afterward, drain the water
- Meanwhile, you can prepare the curry. Firstly cut the tomatoes into cubes.
- Heat up the rest of the oil and the mustard seeds in a frying pan and wait until it starts to fry.
- Fry the tomatoes and the curry powder until the tomatoes start to fall apart.
- Rinse the chickpeas with cold water in a sieve or colander and heat them up together with the tomatoes and sesame seeds for about 5 minutes.
- Serve with fresh coriander and season with salt and pepper.
Leave a Comment