Coronation Chickpea Sandwich by PlantBased Magazine
|Cook Time||5 minutes|
- 400 g chickpeas
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tsp mild curry powder
- 40 g saltanas soaked in hot water for 10 minutes and drained
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp mango chutney
- sea salt and black pepper
- 8-12 slices fresh crusty bread
- lettuce leaves
- Sliced red onion
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the chickpeas, onions, and garlic with some seasoning. Gently cook for a few minutes until the onions begin to soften, before adding the sultanas and curry powder. Continue to cook, stirring, until the spices are fragrant. Leave to cool.
- Once cooled, lightly mash the chickpeas so that some still remain whole. Stir in the mango chutney, mayonnaise and season to taste.
- Spread the mixture liberally over the bread, adding lettuce and onion. Serve immediately.
Leave a Comment