creamy coconut cashew spaghetti squash “Alfredo” with roasted cauliflower.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash halved + seeds removed
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup canned full fat coconut milk
- 3/4 cup salted roasted cashews
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast OR parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic smashed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil + parsley chopped
- pinch or crushed red pepper flakes to your taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice the spaghetti squash lengthwise and drizzle 1 tablespoon of oil all over the cut sides of the squash halves and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place cut side up on a baking sheet and bake about 30 to 45 minutes, or until the squash is just tender enough to scrape into strands.
- Add the cauliflower florets to another roasting pan or cookie sheet. Toss with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, chili powder, salt and pepper. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until lightly charred and golden.
- Meanwhile, make the coconut fettuccine sauce. In a high powdered blender or food processor, combine the coconut milk, cashews. lemon juice, nutritional yeast, garlic, salt and pepper. Process until the sauce is completely smooth and creamy. Stir in the crushed red pepper, basil + parsley. Taste and adjust the seasonings to your liking.
- Remove both the squash and cauliflower from the oven. Scrape the squash into strands and toss with the coconut sauce.
Leave a Comment