Creamy Vegan Pasta Salad
- 10 oz dry pasta of choice (gluten-free if needed)
- 1 green pepper (or color of choice) chopped
- 1 medium-sized onion diced
- 4 tomatoes diced
- 1 small cucumber diced
- 3/4 cup chopped dill pickles
- olives (optional)
- One 15 oz can white beans rinsed and drained (*see notes)
- 2/3 cup plant-based milk
- 1/4 cup hulled hemp seeds 1/3 cup of soaked cashews (*see notes)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard or more to taste
- 1 tbsp lime juice or lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white vinegar or apple cider vinegar or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp sea salt + more to taste
- Black pepper (to taste)
- fresh dill to taste
- Cook your favorite pasta as per the instructions on the package.
- Add white beans, plant-based milk, hemp seeds (or soaked cashews), garlic cloves, mustard, lime juice, vinegar, and sea salt + black pepper to a blender. Blend on high speed and scrape down the sides if needed until the dressing is completely smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooled pasta, chopped pepper, onion, tomatoes, cucumber, and dill pickles. Pour over the dressing and stir to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasonings. Add more salt/pepper/vinegar if needed. I added 1/2 tsp of sea salt in addition.
- Garnish with fresh herbs (e.g. dill) and serve at room temperature or cold. Enjoy! Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Leave a Comment