Easy Curry Rice Recipe
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 16 ounces vegetable broth
- 1 cup green bell pepper- one bell pepper
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup peas - fresh or frozen
- 2 fresh green onions, cut, for sprinkling over the top when serving - I also use fresh marjoram when it is in my garden
- Cook the rice with the vegetable broth and to make it super easy use a Rice Cooker. Otherwise, use the instructions on your rice package.
- While the rice is cooking - in a large skillet - saute the chopped onion and green bell pepper in one tablespoon water until the onion is translucent. About 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in the curry powder, salt and pepper.
- Stir on low for 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and frozen peas to the skillet mixture and heat through.
- Serve with the chopped green onions sprinkled over the top.
Leave a Comment