Jamaican Rum Cake
- Combine the dried fruit, the rum and the beer in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours.
- When you've taken the mixture out of the fridge, preheat the oven to 170 degrees. Lightly grease a deep, 22cm-round cake tin.
- Stir the dried fruit, the rum, and the beer together in a bowl. Blend the mixture with a hand blender for about 10 seconds until it becomes a smooth pulp. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, blend the butter and the sugar together thoroughly with an electric mixer. Mix in your egg alternative as well as the vanilla, nutmeg, allspice, molasses, and baking powder. Add the flour and the pureed fruit, and mix until all the ingredients are well blended.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tin. Bake at 170 degrees for about 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool to room temperature before serving.
Leave a Comment