kachhe kele (green plantain) ke kebab – vegan and gluten free
- Cut each plantain in half and pressure cook or boil till the plantains are cooked through. I pressure cooked them for 3 whistles or about 15 minutes.
- Peel the plantains, and add them to a bowl along with kuttu atta (buckwheat flour), ground black pepper powder, green chillies, coriander and sendha namak (rock salt). Mash the plantains and mix well with the ingredients.
- Form the kebab mixture into flat, round balls about one and a half inch in diameter and set aside.
- Heat oil in a non stick skillet, and add the kebabs one by one, making sure they don’t overlap. Cook each kebab for 8-10 minutes on each side till they are golden brown. I cooked these in two batches.
- Serve these kachhe kele ke kebabs with coriander chutney.
Leave a Comment