Kale Stir Fry with Crispy Curried Tofu
Quick dinners are something everyone needs more of, and stir fry’s are the perfect solution. This one is full of kale, cabbage and carrots, making it rich in antioxidants and nutrients. Kale is one of my favourite winter leaves to include in my diet, and a stir fry is the perfect way to enjoy it. The tofu is marinated in a very simple dressing, which packs a real punch when cooked so the edges of the tofu are just a little crispy! All this goodness, served over your favourite wholewheat noodles is ready in under 30 minutes!
- Cut the tofu into 1 inch cubes. Mix together the curry powder and 1 tbsp soy sauce to make a paste. Add the tofu cubes and gently toss them so they are all coated with the sauce. Set aside while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Boil the noodles according to the packet. While they are cooking, get on with the rest of the stir fry.
- Slice the carrot very finely (or spiralize if you have one), and mince the ginger and garlic. Slice the cabbage and kale into thin strips.
- Prep 2 frying pans with a little oil and heat on high.
- To the first frying pan, add the tofu, and cook until golden brown on all sides, turning the pieces frequently. At the same time, cook the stir fry in the other frying pan.
- Add the garlic and ginger, cook for 1 minute before adding the kale and cabbage. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently, until the kale and cabbage begin to wilt. Add the carrot and soy sauce and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve the veggies over the cooked noodles and top with the tofu. Eat immediately.
Leave a Comment