Mexican Tres Leches
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- 240 ml soya milk
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 170 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 80 ml vegetable oil
- 90 g cane sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 0.5 tsp almond extract
- 240 ml vegan condensed milk
- 400 ml coconut milk
- Mix the soya milk and apple cider vinegar together in a bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees. Lightly grease a baking tin.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add the soya milk, oil, sugar, vanilla extract, and almond extract to the bowl and mix well until the mixture is smooth without any lumps.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick can be pulled out without the dough sticking.
- When the cake is ready, let it stand in the switched-off oven for at least 20 minutes and then let it cool down for 1 hour.
- Use a toothpick to prick small holes over the entire cake.
- Take the coconut milk out of the fridge and spread the thicker, creamier part over the cake. Mix the remaining coconut liquid with the condensed milk and drizzle over the cake. Pour carefully, only adding small amounts at a time.
- The cake can be enjoyed at room temperature and will last in the fridge for 3 days.
Leave a Comment