|Cook Time||45-60 minutes|
- 150 g arborio rice
- 1 clove garlic peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion peeled and chopped
- 1/2 tbsp vegan butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes cut into pieces
- 125 g mushrooms scrubbed and cut into pieces
- 75 g green peas frozen
- 500 ml vegetable broth
- 60 ml white wine
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 lemon rind grated
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- sea salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes optional
- Heat the olive oil together with the vegan butter in a deep pan.
- Fry the onion and garlic, and then add the rice.
- Stir well until the rice becomes glassy – from that moment, the rice is ready to absorb moisture.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine and keep stirring until the rice has absorbed the white wine.
- Add the vegetable broth a dash at a time, stirring until the rice has absorbed the broth before adding the next dash. This takes fifteen to twenty minutes in total.
- In the meantime, heat some oil in the frying pan, and fry the mushrooms until golden brown. Season with some salt and pepper.
- About five minutes before the rice is ready, add the peas and sun-dried tomatoes
- Cook the rice until done. The rice should be smooth but also have a small bite.
- Finish with the mushrooms, a dash of lemon juice, some lemon zest, the fresh parsley, and some nutritional yeast.
Tip: The nutritional yeast flakes that are recommended in this recipe can be found in certain supermarkets or in health food stores. It has a savoury taste and is a lovely substitute for parmesan cheese.
Leave a Comment