Plantain chips, a tasty snack, made with just 4 ingredients: plantains, extra virgin olive oil, salt and black pepper. They go really well with guacamole.
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF or 190ºC.
- Add the plantain slices and the oil to a mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- Place the plantain slices onto a lined baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes for one side and 5-10 minutes for the other side or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, add salt and pepper and stir until well combined.
- Enjoy them hot or at room temperature, just by themselves or with your favorite sauce. They’re delicious with some guacamole.
- Best when fresh, keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for about 3 days.
- You really need to use plantains to make this recipe, not regular bananas.
- Feel free to add any spices or herbs (dried or fresh) you like.
- You could also fry the plantain chips until golden brown, but I prefer to bake them as they’re healthier this way.
Leave a Comment