RAINBOW WINTER QUINOA BOWLS WITH MAPLE DIJON BALSAMIC DRESSING
- 3/4 cup Bob's Red Mill Organic Tricolor Quinoa
- 1/2 cup Pomegranate Arils
- 1/2 cup Julienne Sliced Carrots
- 4 ounces 1/2 inch thick sliced Roasted Delicata Squash
- 4 ounces halved Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 3 large Purple Kale Leaves, torn into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 of a Honeycrisp Apple, sliced
- 2 tablespons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 small Shallot, cut into chunks
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients in a small food processor and pulse until combine and the shallot is minced.
- Set aside.
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions using vegetable broth for the cooking liquid for additional flavor if desired.
- In two low and flat bowls, arrange the salad ingredients in seperate sections, making sure to divide the amounts between the two bowls.
- Start with the quinoa and then work in a clockwise pattern around the bowl with pomegranate arils, julienne sliced carrots, roasted delicicata squash, roasted brussels sprouts, and purple kale leaves.
- Next, spread the apple slices on top.
- Serve with the prepared dressing on the side for drizzling on top according to your personal preferences.
Leave a Comment