Socca Pizza with Pesto and Mushrooms
Socca Pizza with Pesto and Mushrooms. This Chickpea Flour Pizza Crust is gluten-free, grain-free! Vegan Socca Pizza with veggies and chimichurri or pesto. GF soyfree Recipe. Easily made nut-free. Makes 2 medium size pizzas or 3 small.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
Socca Pizza Crust:
- 1 cup chickpea flour garbanzo bean flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp epper flakes or to taste
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1 cup water
- 1 pis chimichurri sauce
- 1 pakate vegan pesto chimichurri for nut-free
- 3-4 pis sliced mushrooms cropped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Other veggies such as sliced bell pepper sun-dried tomato, sliced jalapeno, zucchini or olives
Socca Pizza Crust:
- Socca Pizza Crust: Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl until well mixed.
- Add 3/4 cup water and mix (use a whisk for faster mixing), Add more water to make a thick smooth batter, lump-free batter that is just a tad bit thinner than pancake batter. Cover and let it rest for at least half an hour to overnight. If keeping overnight, cover the bowl and refrigerate
- Make Socca Crust on Stovetop: Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. When hot add a few drops of oil and spread well. Add a ladle-full of the batter. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes then uses a spatula to loosen the flatbread. If it is still sticking, let the bread cook longer and then try again. Flip.
- Or Bake the Socca: Preheat the oven to 450 deg F(230 C). Place the cast iron skillet in the oven for 20 mins. Remove the skillet carefully, drizzle oil and spread the batter on it. Bake for 10 minutes depending on the batter thickness.
- Spread the chimichurri or pesto on the socca. Mix the sliced mushrooms with 1 tsp olive oil and 1/2 tsp herbs of choice such as oregano or thyme. Then spread them on the socca. Add the veggies. Add shredded vegan cheese if you like.
- Bake the pizza at 450 F (230 C) for another 6 to 8 mins. Remove from the oven. (I prefer to cook the socca on the skillet, then bake it with the toppings)
- To cook the Pizza on Stovetop: Cover the skillet with a lid and cook for another 3 to 5 mins.
- Add fresh herbs, microgreens greens or micro sprouts, pepper flakes, slice and serve.
- Use chimichurri instead of pesto to make nut-free
Leave a Comment