Spanish Santiago Cake
- Preheat the oven to 120 degrees.
- Spread the almond bran on a baking tin and roast for about 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Turn up the oven to 175 degrees. Line a 15cm-long cake tin with parchment paper and grease the sides.
- Put the roasted almond bran along with the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda into a bowl.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the aquafaba and gently fold them in until no dry patches remain. The aquafaba will deflate a little bit, but try not to overwork it. Transfer the batter to your tin and smooth it out.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a fork inserted in the center comes out clean. If the surface starts to brown, cover the mixture with tin foil.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. When it's cooled down a little, gently take the cake out of the tin and set it on a plate. Let it cool further. When you’re ready to serve, dust a fine layer of icing sugar on top.
Leave a Comment