Vegan Alfredo Sauce
Vegan Alfredo sauce, an amazing recipe made in only 20 minutes. It’s cheesy, silky, savory and so creamy! So delicious and made with easy-to-find ingredients.
- Soak the cashews in water the night before. You can also soak them in hot water 30 minutes prior to cooking, but I think the sauce gets a better texture if you do it all night long.
- The morning after, drain and rinse the cashews, and set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the vegan butter or oil in a pan, add the onion and golden brown over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and golden brown for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Put the onion and garlic into a blender with the other sauce ingredients (cashews, plant milk, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, salt, and pepper) and blend until smooth.
- Put the pasta and the sauce in a pan, stir until well mixed and cook for 1 or 2 more minutes.
- Serve with some parsley on top (optional) or keep the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days. If the sauce is too thick when you reheat it, just add some more milk.
- Any type of pasta will work (also gluten-free), but Alfredo sauce usually goes with fettuccine or any other long kind of pasta.
- If you’d like your Alfredo sauce less creamy or more liquid, add 1/4 more cup of plant milk.
- Other than pasta, Alfredo sauce works with salads like this kale salad, as a marinade for vegan “meat” such as seitan or you can even dip some raw veggies in it and make a wonderful appetizer.
Leave a Comment