Vegan Baked Chocolate Almond Doughnuts
- 1 ⅓ cup pure cane sugar
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree or sweet potato puree Read more at http://www.foodnetwork.ca/recipe/vegan-baked-chocolate-almond-doughnuts/13385/#px5vlmJZZTAufTXl.99
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 5 Tbsp virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pure almond extract
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup Dutch process cocoa powder
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the sugar, pumpkin or sweet potato puree, almond milk, melted coconut oil, vanilla and almond extracts together. In a separate bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt and then stir this into the wet mixture until evenly blended. Cover and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and roll out to ¾-inch thickness. Cut out doughnuts with a 3-inch cutter and cut holes in the centre of each doughnut (the holes can be re-rolled with remaining dough or baked as doughnut holes.) Place the doughnuts onto the prepared baking tray and bake for 14 to 16 minutes, until they just begin to colour on the bottom. Cool the doughnuts completely before glazing.
Leave a Comment