Vegan Chickpea Curry
This delicious vegan chickpea curry is creamy and perfectly spiced. It’s also ready in less than 30-minutes and makes a wonderful weeknight meal.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 2 tbls olive oil
- 1 pis onion Chopped
- 1 tbls Crushed Garlic
- 1 tbls garam masala
- 1/2 tbls cumin
- 1/2 tbls coriander powder
- 1/2 tbls turmeric
- 1/4 tbls cayenne pepper
- 2-15 oz Cans Chickpeas Drained
- 1-14 oz Can Chopped Tomatoes
- 400 ml Can Coconut Milk
- 1 tbls coconut sugar
- sea salt and black pepper To Taste
- Basmati Rice or Cauliflower Rice
- Fresh Cilantro
- Add the olive oil to a pot along with the chopped onions, crushed garlic, garam masala, cumin, coriander powder, turmeric and cayenne pepper and sauté until the onions are softened.
- Add the chickpeas, chopped tomato and coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Let it simmer for around 10 minutes until the flavors are blended.
- Add coconut sugar and mix in. Add sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve over basmati rice or cauliflower rice with some fresh cilantro.
- You can use curry powder instead of garam masala.
- You can use brown sugar instead of coconut sugar.
- Nutritional information is for curry only and does not include rice.
Leave a Comment