Vegan English Breakfast
- 140 g firm, ready-pressed tofu
- 1/8 tsp. each ground turmeric, salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 2 tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 70 g button mushrooms
- 6 mini vegan sausages
- 4 slices vegan facon
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 red chilli, finely diced
- 1/2 spring onion (green end), finely sliced
- Small bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp. mixed seeds
- Roughly chop tofu and crush with a fork into smaller pieces. Stir in turmeric, salt & pepper. Heat 1 tsp vegetable oil in a pan and cook on a medium heat, stirring often, for 10 mins.
- Place tomatoes cut-side-up on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook under a medium grill for 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large pan and cook mushrooms and sausages on a medium to high heat for 10 mins, turning regularly to brown evenly. After 8 mins, add the facon to the pan and cook for 1 min per side.
- Meanwhile scoop avocado into a bowl and roughly mash with the back of a fork. Stir in chilli and season with salt & pepper.
- To assemble: divide between two warmed plates, garnishing scrambled tofu with spring onion, tomatoes with parsley, and sprinkle over mixed seeds. Serve with toasted sourdough and vegan spread.
Leave a Comment