- 14 ounces package Tortilla chips, you can use a 10 to 18-ounce package for this recipe.
- 14 ounces can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 ounces tempeh, diced very small
- 1/2 cup onion - red onion, diced
- 1 hot chili pepper, sliced thin crosswise
- 1/4 cup or 1 Roma tomato, diced small
- 2 tablespoons hempseed, raw shelled
- 1 cup or 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice - from one lime
- 3/4 cup raw cashews - soaked from 2 hours to overnight
- 1/2 cup water to be added to the mix when blended
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons tapioca starch - or tapioca flour, they're the same thing
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice - fresh juice
- Cover the cashews with water and soak rom two hours to overnight. Drain.
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Turn this blended mixture into a saucepan.
- Cook on medium heat and stir until the sauce thickens a bit. It will take about 5 minutes. Take off the heat to cool.
- Lay all the chips on a platter. Sprinkle black beans, tomato, pepper, and tempeh (if used) over the chips.
- Dot with cashew cream. Sprinkle on red onion, chili pepper and raw hempseed.
- Dredge the avocado in lime juice. Sprinkle diced avocado over the nachos.
Leave a Comment