vegan s’mores bars
- 2 cups organic flour (or almond flour or favorite cup-for-cup GF blend)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, softened,
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3–6 tbsp unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 375F and line a 9″ baking dish with parchment paper.
- Follow the instructions for how to make the vegan chocolate chip cookies up until you’re about to make cookies.
- Instead of making cookies, press the dough into the 9″ baking dish to form the cookie layer.
- Place the cookie layer in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven. Leave the oven on (you’ll be turning it to broil in a minute).
- Place chunks of chocolate onto the the cookie layer and allow them to begin to melt for 30 seconds to a minute. Then smear the chocolate using a knife to cover all of the cookie layer.
- Top with the halved marshmallows until all spots are basically covered.
- Place the dish back into the oven and set the broiler on medium high for 1 minute.
- DO NOT turn away from the oven! Watch the marshmallows to make sure they don’t burn. Once they are golden and toasted, remove the s’mores bars from the oven and turn the oven off.
- Let the s’mores bars rest for 15-20 minutes to set before slicing.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leave a Comment